Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Why I like to travel by bus- Part Two

Once I was travelling with my mother. We were both standing on the bus. This bus was a little crowded because it was the office time. It was arounf 5pm and everyone looked tired. Next to us, there was a man who was around 65 years of age and he couldn't help but fall asleep. It was not easy for him because he was standing. He had his spectacles clipped on to his shirt pocket and was holding on to the poll while falling asleep once in a while. This went on for about 20mins when I suddenly noticed that this man's spectacles were no longer inside his pocket but was hanging on the hair of the lady who was sitting just next to the place this man was standing. This lady had curley hair and the spectacles looked very comfortable hanging there.

I slowly nudged my mother and showed it to her. Both of us couldn't help laughing. A few others noticed too and then the lady felt that something was hanging on to her hair. When she checked what is was she smiled too. The man knew nothing of this. He was asleep. The lady woke him up and gave it to him. It was then that the man realized that half the bus was staring at him. He smiled and clipped the spectacles on his pocket and didn't fall asleep again.

It was so funny.. It's one of the incidents I will never forget in my life. I know it's such a normal thing. It could happen to anyone, but it made me laugh! :D